Digital Mammography & Breast Health
Did you know?
- One in every eight women in the United States will develop breast cancer in her lifetime.
- Every woman is at risk for breast cancer, and risk increases with age.
- Eighty percent of the women with breast cancer do not have a sister or mother with the disease.*
Early diagnosis is the key to beating breast cancer and LRGHealthcare wants to protect you.
The LRGHealthcare Women's Imaging Center and the Medical Imaging department at Franklin Regional Hospital and Caring for Women practice provide women in our community with access to the screening and diagnostic breast health services they may need.
* statistics according to the American Cancer Society
LRGHealthcare is pleased to offer digital mammography— the gold standard in mammography technology. According to the National Cancer Institute, digital mammography can improve detection in women who are under the age of 50, those who have dense breast tissue, and women who have not yet entered menopause.
If you are a woman over the age of 40, under most insurance plans, including Medicare, you can schedule an annual diagnostic mammogram without a physician referral.
To schedule your digital mammogram, please call:
- Lakes Region General Hospital 527-2992
- Franklin Regional Hospital 934-2060
- Caring for Women 527-1855