Choosing a pediatrician can be a challenging task for parents. You want to find someone with the background and experience they need to provide the best care for your child and someone with whom you and your child are both comfortable with.
LRGHealthcare has many talented pediatricians on staff, and we are committed to helping you find the doctor that feels right to you and your child. We offer quality, easy-to-access medical care for your child in a comfortable and reassuring environment.
The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that parents ask the following questions when choosing among the pediatricians in their community:
- Is this pediatrician accepting new patients, and do they accept your insurance plan?
- What are the office hours?
- Is emergency coverage available 24-hours-a-day, seven days a week?
- Do nurses screen phone calls?
- Does the practice have an after-hours answering service?
- Where are patients referred after hours?
- Is there access to specialists and intensive care if needed?
- How does the office handle insurance and billing claims? Is payment due at the time of the visit?
They also recommend that parents ask about the pediatrician’s background. Does he or she have a subspecialty or area of pediatric interest? The answers to these questions should help you to choose the right provider for your child, and finding that perfect fit can be the beginning of a long relationship during which a pediatrician can care for your child’s healthcare needs as they learn and grow.
To find a pediatrician in the Lakes and Three Rivers Regions, visit our Provider Directory or call HealthLink at 527-7171.