Mental Health Services
According to the National Institute of Mental Health, more than 44 million Americans suffer from a mental health disorder. Even among those who do not—we all face challenges at different times in our lives, and mental health support can help.
If you or a loved one need help, here are some options:
- In a mental health crisis/emergency…
- Call the National Suicide Hotline at 1.800.273.TALK (8255)
- Go to your nearest Emergency Room
- Not an emergency…
Mental Health Services available at Franklin Regional Hospital & Lakes Region General Hospital
Franklin Regional Hospital
Lakes Region General Hospital
Substance Use Services
- DRF (Designated Receiving Facility) - 24-hour care in our inpatient mental health unit. Admissions come from Emergency Departments all over the state. Patients may be admitted for a voluntary or involuntary examination if there is reason to believe that he/she is mentally ill, they are a serious danger to his/her self or others, or they are likely to suffer from neglect or harm if the current behavior continues.
- The LRGHealthcare Recovery Clinic is available at Occupational Health Services at both Franklin Regional Hospital and Hillside Medical Park in Gilford.
- The Doorway at LRGHealthcare is also available to you. Simply walk through the front door at LRGH during normal business hours and ask for the Doorway to speak to a recovery coach or dial 211 after hours.
A number of qualified independent therapists are also available in this region. If you are seeking a mental health professional, please talk with your primary care provider, or see a list of mental health providers in your area.