– New Hampshire Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve, a Department of Defense program, announced LRGHealthcare, on behalf of President & CEO Kevin W. Donovan, signed a Statement of Support for the Guard and Reserve October 17, 2017.
The Statement of Support confirms LRGHealthcare joins other employers in pledging:
- We fully recognize, honor and comply with the Uniformed Services Employment and Re-Employment Rights Act (USERRA).
- We will provide our managers and supervisors with the tools they need to effectively manage employees who serve in the Guard and Reserve.
- We appreciate the values, leadership and unique skills service members bring to the workforce and will encourage opportunities to hire Guardsmen, Reservists and Veterans.
- We will continually recognize and support our country’s service members and their families, in peace, in crises and in war.
“Today, supportive employers are critical to maintaining the strength and readiness of the nation’s Guard and Reserve units,” said Bruce Thompson, ESGR state chair. “I am asking all New Hampshire employers to take a look at their current human resources policies to incorporate policies supportive of Guard and Reserve employees.” Many New Hampshire employers provide support above and beyond their legal requirements by law by offering pay-differential to offset the loss of wages, and extension of health care benefits, which complement coverage provided by the military, when their employees mobilize.”
When asked about the criteria, Bruce Thompson said, “By meeting the Statement of Support criteria, LRGHealthcare pledges to stand proudly with its Guard and Reserve employees, who continue to answer their nation’s call to defend our way of life. Their sacrifices are essential to the strength of our nation.”
“LRGHealthcare fully supports our Nation’s Guardsmen, Reservists and Veterans,” said Kevin W. Donovan, LRGHealthcare President and CEO. “Those in the military understand the value of service and of selfless giving of themselves. This giving spirit mirrors the values of our organization and employees in that we exist for a higher purpose of service to our community. For that reason, and others, we are proud to sign this statement of support.”
PHOTO CAPTION: LRGHealthcare President & CEO Kevin W. Donovan poses with Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) volunteers. LRGHealthcare has signed a Statement of Support for the Guard and Reserve. From left to right: Woodbury Fogg, Army- Retired Lieutenant Colonel & ESGR volunteer, Donovan, Bruce Thompson, Navy- NH Chair of ESGR, and Lee Chesire, Air Force –Retired Lieutenant Colonel & ESGR Employer Outreach Director.
LRGHealthcare is a not-for-profit healthcare charitable trust representing Lakes Region General Hospital, Franklin Regional Hospital, and affiliated medical providers. LRGHealthcare’s mission is to provide quality, compassionate care and to strengthen the well-being of our community.
# # # #