|Parents’ pages: Childproof your home office|
Nearly every home has an office space these days. But some everyday office items may pose a danger to children. To keep your kids safe, follow these tips from the Home Safety Council:
- Unplug shredders and other office equipment when not in use.
- Keep thumbtacks, push pins, paper clips and other potential choking hazards out of sight and out of reach of little hands.
- Store scissors, letter openers and sharp office supplies in a drawer.
- Keep electrical cords, power strips and surge protectors out of walkways.
- Install safety covers on unused electrical outlets.
© 2013 Dowden Health Media